Academic Catalog

International Students

Financial aid for noncitizens is limited to institutional aid sources, including merit-based awards, need based grants, endowed and special awards, and campus employment. ALANA Scholarships, MLK awards, and Ithaca Opportunity Grants are not available to international students.

International students applying for assistance for the first time must complete a CSS Profile at

International students are not eligible for federal, state, or educational opportunity programs, unless they are U.S. citizens or permanent residents; possess a valid alien registration receipt card; have an arrival-departure record (I-94) from the Department of Homeland Security showing a status of refugee, asylum granted, parole (I-94 confirms parole for a minimum of one year and that status has not expired), or Cuban-Haitian entrant; possess a valid temporary resident card (I-688); or have a conditional permanent resident card (I-151C).